WHAT IS LRMDS?
The Learning Resource Management and Development System (LRMDS) has been developed in response to the findings of baseline research conducted during STRIVE Phase I and II during 2007 and 2008 in Divisions 6, 7 and 8 to identify the levels of access to quality learning teaching resources by Divisions and schools. The Baseline studies identified highly variable distribution of resources across all levels and in most subject areas, (English, Mathematics, Science, ALS and TLE). The lack of resources was also highly variable across divisions sampled. (Baseline Research STRIVE II 2008)
A major objective of the system is to provide a technical basis for assessing, acquiring, adapting, developing, producing and distributing quality learning and teaching resource materials for students and instructional support materials for teachers.
The LRMDS is informed by the collaborative work among the central and regional/division and school personnel on ways of improving access to quality instructional and learning materials. The evolving design, development and implementation of the LRMDS are a critical contributor to the successful implementation of the Basic Education Sector Reform Agenda (BESRA), specifically Key Reform Thrust 3: DepEd central, regional and divisional levels focus on aligning people’s collective aspirations for education with actual teaching practices in schools and learning outcomes attained by Filipinos.
The Strengthening the Implementation of Basic Education in Selected Provinces in the Visayas (STRIVE) is an AusAID assistance project designed to assist the Philippine education sector to improve access to quality basic education in selected provinces in the Visayas.
Goal: To contribute to the improvement in the quality of and access to basic education in the Visayas
Purpose: To develop, support and strengthen education management and learning support systems for improved access to quality basic education, within the national Basic Education Sector Reform Agenda.
It has four (4) components, with two-cross cutting themes, Quality Assurance and Access/Equity underpinning and guiding all project activities, namely:
Component 1: School-Based Management Support System: Development of a functional management support system for continuing school improvement at regional, division and school levels.
Component 2: Human resource Development (INSET) System: Development of a Regional HR-INSET system for quality professional development of teachers.
Component 3: Learning Resource Management and Development System (LRMDS): Development of LRMDS to provide access to quality teaching and learning resources.
Component 4: Project Management: Manage the Project in an effective, efficient and responsive manner.
The Learning Resources Management and Development System (LRMDS) is designed to support increased distribution and access to learning, teaching and professional development resources at the Region, Division and School/Cluster levels of DepED.
The LRMDS provides access to quality resources from the Regions, Divisions, Cluster/School level: including,
- information on quantity and quality and location of textbooks and supplementary materials, and cultural expertise,
- access to learning, teaching and professional development resources in digital format and locates resources in print format and hard copy,
- standards, specifications and guidelines for assessing & evaluating, acquiring & harvesting, modification, development and production of resources
It is also a quality assurance system providing support to DepED Regions, Divisions and Schools in the selection and acquisition of quality digital and non-digital resources in response to identified local educational needs.
Learning Resources Management and Development System Framework v1.0 (PDF)
This Framework for Learning Resource Management and Development System (LRMDS) describes the standards, processes and guidelines of the systems developed to support implementation by DepED Central Office, Regions, Divisions and Schools initially within the Visayas regions VI, VII and VIII.
Guidelines and Processes for LRMDS Assessment and Evaluation (PDF)
These guidelines describe processes for identification of materials to be procured, redeveloped or reproduced and is designed to support schools, divisions, and regions:
1. in identifying learning, teaching and professional development resource needs;
2. reviewing and recommending resources for acquisition and procurement;
3. identifying existing resources for reproduction and or redevelopment;
4. evaluating teacher developed materials for local use and shared distribution via LRMDS
Guidelines and Processes for LRMDS Development and Production (PDF)
These guidelines describe processes to support local development and or production of learning, teaching and professional development materials by the regions, divisions and schools. The guidelines, processes and templates are provided to:
1. support local design and redevelopment of existing DepED owned learning and teaching resources by the region in response to identified needs of schools
2. develop on behalf of Regional NEAP training and development resources and or PDMs for distribution via LRMDS
3. support modification and translation of resources into mother tongue
4. support reproduction of online and offline resources for distribution.